We provide failure Analysis and contingency planning for mill and kiln drivetrains; from operation & maintenance support to end of life.
- Resource support plans, total cost of ownership.
- Training programs
- Optimization of insurance spend, maintenance spend, and sparing costs.
Operation and Maintenance Support
- RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance Program) approach to maintenance, and audits of existing maintenance plans
- Preventative maintenance tasks, tied to specific failure modes.
- Predictive maintenance tasks, to detect potential failures.
- Girth Gear Inspections per ASTM E-2905
- Structural Inspections, Shells, Heads, Trunnions, Rollers, Riding Rings
- Operational inspection tasks and intervals
- One time or engineering changes can be implemented where the probability of failure and consequences of failure are deemed unacceptable.
End of Life Support
- Provide a procedure for inspection and verification on suitability for open
gear and pinion flipping.
- Provide a framework and decision making process for replacement gears.
- Assess alternative solutions to scrapping old gearing, dependent on condition and structure.