Contamination is often a significant contributor to gear tooth failures.
Flushing Process as per ASTM E2905
Bull gear flushing is needed to remove contamination and lubricant buildup on bull gears when contamination is present, particularly when slurry enters the gear guard.
Removing built-up contaminated lubricant, allowing for an accurate visual inspection as per AGMA 1010-F14 and to ensure an accurate Eddy Current Array scan in accordance with ASTM E2905.
Wiping and/or rinsing gear teeth not required for this process.
Girth Gear Cleaning/Flushing – Mill and Kiln Girth Gear Drives
Global’s Bull Gear Cleaning Programs are designed to remove contamination and lubricant buildup on bull gears and pinions prior to inspection. This is accomplished by flushing the bull gear while in production, which minimizes downtime. The actual time of flushing a gear set is under two hours. There is no need to wipe the gear teeth down or rinse after, to remove residue as required for Magnetic Particle or Dye Penetrant inspections, if using the Global Process™ inspection method.
Provides the ability to perform visual interpretation (AGMA 1010-F14); of the failure modes present, if any, their severity, and how these might impact the operational function of the mill
Clear or translucent lubricants still require cleaning to conduct a thorough visual inspection, as the lubricant can obstruct critical details on the tooth surface.
Procedures that used to take days can now be completed in less than two hours. Using this procedure, gears are safe from damage due to the specifically formulated CLEANSOLV Products.
What Products do We Use?
1. GF 460EP Flushing Lubricant: GF 460EP is an exceptional flushing lubricant for open gear flushing applications; designed to remove contamination and lubricant buildup on girth gears and pinions prior to inspection or any related maintenance procedures. View Product
2. Cleansolv High Flash EP: CLEANSOLV High Flash EP is designed to remove contamination and lubricant buildup on girth gears and pinions prior to inspection. This is accomplished by cleaning the girth gear while in production, minimizing downtime. View Product
GF 460EP Flushing Lubricant
GF 460EP is a unique Flushing Lubricant for open gear flushing applications; designed to remove contamination and lubricant buildup on girth gear flanks and pinions prior to inspection or any related maintenance procedures.
- Annually flushing contamination out of the gear set is an excellent preventative maintenance program.
- Excellent for flushing out Slurry Ingres
- Girth Gear Cleaning in accordance to ASTM E2905 Appendix X2
- Necessary for AGMA 1010 Inspection
|GF 460EP Flushing Lubricant Technical Data|
|FZG Scuffing Load Capacity – ASTM D5182 – Pass Load Stage||>14|
|Viscosity – ASTM D445 – Viscosity 40°C (cSt)||3.7|
|Base Oil Viscosity @ 40°C (cSt)||486.76|
|Flash Point – ASTM D0092A||212°F|
|Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC’s) – ASTM E1868||0.56%|
|Shipped as Non-Regulated under DOT, TDG, IATA, and IMDG|
Full Training Programs Available
Made in North America