RCM approach to maintenance, and audits of existing maintenance plans
- Girth gear installation oversight.
- Pinion installation oversight.
- Pinion alignments to the girth gear.
Preventative maintenance tasks tied to specific failure modes.
- Proper alignment.
- Contamination exclusion and removal. (GF 460EP Flushing Lubricant)
- Monitoring and maintaining alignment. (IR Systems)
Predictive maintenance tasks, to detect potential failures.
- Inspections per ASTM E-2905.
- Open Gear split joint and structure inspections.
- Creating a girth gear asset management program would deliver consistency, efficiency and standardization.
- We have compiled 12 years of data of gear failure modes in an electronic format. This helps us find the root cause quickly.
Scheduled inspections and maintenance recommendations.
- The program will provide the ability to accurately forecast demand for components in the future.
- Enhance the lifecycle of critical assets.
- Provide electronic reports that can be archived for future reference.