Our capabilities are in the third-party girth gear engineering support, design, installation, inspection, risk assessment, and maintenance of large girth gear systems.
- AGMA ratings and drive train design, manufacturing, and installation.
- Quality assurance documentation, including critical manufacturing procedures and standards for major mechanical parts girth gears, pinions, mill shells, heads and trunnions.
- Manufacturer audits, and oversight during critical inspections and documentation signoff prior to shipment of goods.
- Girth gear and pinion installation oversight.
- Proper installation procedures are followed.
- All critical steps are documented and available for future reference.
- Proven methods for aligning girth gear and pinions rapidly with minimal shimming iterations.
- Resource support plans, total cost of ownership.
- Training programs.
- Optimization of insurance spend, maintenance spend, and sparing costs.
Operation and Maintenance
- RCM approach to maintenance, and audits of existing maintenance plans.
- Preventative maintenance tasks, tied to specific failure modes.
- Predictive maintenance tasks, to detect potential failures.
- Girth Gear Inspections per ASTM E-2905.
- Structural Inspections, Shells, Heads, Trunnions, Rollers, Riding Rings.
- Operational inspection tasks and intervals.
- One time or engineering changes can be implemented where the probability of failure and consequences of failure are deemed unacceptable.
End of Life
- Provide a procedure for inspection and verification on suitability for open gear and pinion flipping.
- Provide a framework and decision-making process for replacement gears.
- Assess alternative solutions to scrapping old gearing, dependent on condition and structure.
Services We Offer;
- Complete inspection and evaluation Gear set replacement
- Design upgrades for increased production Installation and reversal
- Alignment services
- Temperature monitoring
- Lubrication systems