Girth Gear Cleaning/Flushing – Mill and Kiln Girth Gear Drives
The GEARSOLV EP Open Girth Gear Cleaning Lines formulations are designed to remove contamination and lubricant buildup on girth gears and pinions prior to inspection. This is accomplished by flushing the girth gear while in production, which minimizes downtime. The actual time of flushing a gear set is under an hour. There is no need to wipe the gear teeth down or rinse after, to remove residue as required for Magnetic Particle or Dye Penetrant inspections; if using the Global Process™ inspection method.
Gear Engineers use visual interpretation (AGMA 1010-F14) to analyze the gear teeth condition, such as contact patterns and wear patterns; hence, a clean gear set is a must. Clear or translucent lubricants still require cleaning to conduct a thorough visual inspection, as the lubricant can obstruct critical details on the tooth surface.
Procedures that used to take days can now be completed in less than an hour. Using this procedure, gears are safe from damage due to the specifically formulated GEARSOLV EP Products.
As a result, gears are fully cleaned and ready for inspection faster than ever before.
- Safe and user friendly, this non-corrosive product is safe on all metals and is designed to rapidly clean gear surfaces.
- High Flashpoint of 1600 F (710 C).
- No hazardous solvents such as Stoddard or chlorinated
- No large special pressure sprayers or pumps to deal
- No rinsing or wiping after cleaning with additional
- Follows ASTM E2905 Standard for girth gear Over 20 years’ experience in large girth gear cleaning.
Full Training Programs Available
Made in North America